[Libre-soc-dev] I'm about to create 54 bug reports for diagrams

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Aug 5 00:20:00 BST 2020

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 10:35 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that sounds like a much better approach *however* jpgs of
> the diagrams from Mitch's book chapters will have to be uploaded
> because these are the 'originals' and are not in svg.
>
> This will be 25(?) jpgs.

> Thoughts?

if they are images that have not been modified from the original, then
why are we doing the work?

that makes no sense when we have so much else to do.

yes it would be _nice_ to have the time and the funding to spend on
that - however the priority is so low that i cannot even justify the
idea of spending our time and resources even uploading the images to
the server.

the only reason that for example this image exists is because i
*modified* it from the original.
https://libre-soc.org/3d_gpu/group_pick_rd_rel.jpg

so no - no uploading of arbitrary images that are not immediately useful.

we have to be quite pathological and focussed about this, and in
particular not waste NLNet funds on things that we do not have to.

now, if we write documentation that *needs* one of those images that
increases the priority - but not by much.