[Libre-soc-dev] parallel reduction

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:47:33 BST 2022

i've now got a parallel reduction SVSHAPE yielder which can be
plugged into ISACaller, tomorrow. it works as a standalone
demo
https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=openpower-isa.git;a=blob;f=src/openpower/decoder/isa/remap_preduce_yield.py;hb=HEAD

relevant sections of the spec are updated with the basics
https://libre-soc.org/openpower/sv/remap/

a new instruction should not immediately be necessary although
setting the appropriate remap options in SVSTATE may require
some finessing as a given instruction may need different settings
as to what constitutes left and right operands.

my general feeling is that the level of control over which operands
are marked as left and right for reduction purposes means that
this is the right approach.

when reduction was a "Mode" there was simply no way to specify
that (not enough bits)

l.