[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 11mar2022

Boris Shingarov shingarov at labware.com
Sun Mar 13 13:32:38 GMT 2022

> which one do you have? (what IC is on it - an FT232R? FT2232?)

FT232RL

> that it's the constraints (orangecrab_r0.2.lpf) file which defines the
> relationship

Oh yes, absolutely.  That's why I wrote "at least with the current head
of the gateware" in my previous message.

> that's insufficient for my use-case, since you have to hope that 3.3V
> is high enough
In theory yes we are out of spec, but at least in *my* experience of
accidentally frying more than a dozen FTDIs, I haven't seen "3.3V not
high enough" to be a problem -- but if you add a diode voltage drop,
that may change things.  A few years ago I got fed up messing around
uart levels, got myself a bag of these
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01JG8H5U4 and forgot the problem existed.