[Libre-soc-dev] PLL integration

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 22 22:33:08 BST 2021

On Saturday, May 22, 2021, Jean-Paul Chaput <Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr>
wrote:

>   Far from me this idea. I This was just to check it quick while
>   you reviewed it.

ok whew.  i scrambled to get as far as i could.

>   OK. Will start to check it tomorrow afternoon.

i updated all the names of signals, isolating the pll to a submodule, where
it is a blackbox.

you can find it with the new Block._rfind function with probably something
like "test_issuer.wrappll.pll"

without that blackbox being pre-created and pre-placed, an error occurs.
you created a "placeholderpll" to deal with this, but you can proceed only
because you actually have the (NDA'd) GDSII PLL.

using *either* nsxlib or freepdk45 have to create a dummy (fake) FlexLib
PLL cell in order to proceed further.