[Libre-soc-dev] GitLab-CI fixes

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue May 4 21:27:03 BST 2021

On Tue, May 4, 2021, 12:28 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 5:50 PM Jonathan Neuschäfer
> <j.neuschaefer at gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Formalities first: I'm Jonathan, I've been on the tuesday call for a few
> > weeks.

welcome!

> After recent discussions about the lack of CI, I spent some time bringing
> > the GitLab-CI configuration in soc.git back in shape. My work can be
> found at:
> >
> >         https://gitlab.com/neuschaefer/soc.git ci
>
> ah excellent, i just merged those, they look reasonable.
>
> > and it doesn't have
> > to: A GitLab(-CI) instance can be run alongside git.libre-soc.org by
> > anyone who wants to spend the time/effort/money. I tested on gitlab.com
> > (until I ran out of my monthly free allowance of 300 minutes) and a
> > private GitLab instance.
>
> jacob does have one up and running on a machine behind the VPN connection.

I have my build server setup to act as a gitlab CI runner connected to a
mirror of soc.git:
example build:
https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/soc/-/jobs/862406

I'm still waiting on someone who has admin access to git.libre-soc.org
setting up a post-receive command to push to the debian salsa repos, I can
give the server's gitolite3 user acct ssh key write access to the salsa
repos. I had previously used a hacked together git mirroring cron job but
had to disable it due to causing excess load for salsa's server.

I'm also waiting on someone to setup a new mailing list on
lists.libre-soc.org for build notifications...

> i've never looked at these gitlab-ci things before.  i'm curious as to
> why the dev-env-setup scripts are not used?

because they didn't exist when I originally wrote the gitlab ci scripts