[Libre-soc-dev] silicon catalyst starting in canada

Staf Verhaegen staf at fibraservi.eu
Sat Oct 17 09:32:02 BST 2020

whygee at f-cpu.org schreef op za 17-10-2020 om 07:04 [+0200]:

> The question is "is it scaleable below 180 nm" and I believe
> that Jean-Paul Chaput and Staf have a much better perspective.

I haven't dived into this technique specifically but my opinion is that
we should first try to walk before trying to run. There are enough
'classic' low-power techniques to implement in the next years before
one need to resort to some fancy technique.

Typically ultra-low power techniques like differential computing, sub-
threshold computing etc are not meant for compute targeted applications
like high operating frequency 4-core CPU + GPU.

greets,
Staf.