[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 15oct2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 21:07:32 BST 2020

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 1:02 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Additionally I can run the blinky Echo example you sent
> me, it will change the LEDs on the fpga depending on the key press. If
> I run minicom in one xterm and screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 in the
> other, typing in one will appear in the other and vice versa... sort
> of, it takes a second, and sometimes repeating the key press is
> required, but after about 30 key presses it stops responding, but the
> LEDs will still change based on key presses. I am so confused.

Oh wait! I get it now. Pressing a single key in the minicom xterm and
waiting for it to display in that same minicom xterm made me realize
that on the key press it's sent to the fpga, the lights change and
then it's echoed back to the minicom xterm. What I don't understand
now is why there is no output from the ./versa_ecp5.py --load --fpga
ulx3s85f.

Cole