[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 15oct2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 21:02:00 BST 2020

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 12:28 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 8:05 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
> > get that ulx3s echo example i sent you to yesterday up and running
> > first.  that will eliminate two unknowns.
>
> three.  the other unknown: you have no idea if the FT232 USB-UART IC
> on the - new - ulx3s - is actually working.

I'm 99% sure the FT232 USB-UART IC works because I can successfully
run `openocd --file=ft231x.ocd --file=ecp5.ocd` and get lots of output
from there. Additionally I can run the blinky Echo example you sent
me, it will change the LEDs on the fpga depending on the key press. If
I run minicom in one xterm and screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 in the
other, typing in one will appear in the other and vice versa... sort
of, it takes a second, and sometimes repeating the key press is
required, but after about 30 key presses it stops responding, but the
LEDs will still change based on key presses. I am so confused.

```ft231x.ocd
interface ft232r
ft232r_vid_pid 0x0403 0x6015
# ft232r_serial_desc 123456
ft232r_tck_num DSR
ft232r_tms_num DCD
ft232r_tdi_num RI
ft232r_tdo_num CTS
ft232r_trst_num RTS
ft232r_srst_num DTR
ft232r_restore_serial 0x15
adapter_khz 1000
```

```ecp5.ocd
telnet_port 4444
gdb_port 3333

# JTAG TAPs
jtag newtap lfe5 tap -expected-id 0x21111043 -irlen 8 -irmask 0xFF
-ircapture 0x5

# -expected-id should match ECP5 CHIP_ID:
# 12F: 0x21111043
# 25F: 0x41111043
# 45F: 0x41112043
# 85F: 0x41113043

init
scan_chain
svf -tap lfe5.tap -quiet -progress bitstream.svf
shutdown
```

Cole