[Libre-soc-dev] RFC on mission

Alexandre Oliva oliva at gnu.org
Sun Nov 29 20:13:57 GMT 2020

On Nov 29, 2020, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> updated, please review?

Thanks.  'fraid it canceled out the changed I hoped for.

As I stated before, I don't want only customers (whether they're
businesses or users) to be able to trust our product.  I hope customers
and users (whether or not they're our customers, or anyone's customers)
to be able to trust our product.

That's why I proposed the change I proposed.  Unfortunately, the change
you made doesn't extend the trust to e.g. someone who receives our
processor as a gift, by itself or as part of a larger product, or who is
granted access to it without purchasing it, e.g. as a favor from a
hosting provider.

These are users, but they're not customers, so they're not covered by
'customers (businesses and users)', but they would be covered by the
wording and by the patch I proposed: 'customers and users'.

Is there any reason you'd rather not adopt the proposed wording?

--
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker  https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
   Free Software Activist         GNU Toolchain Engineer