[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 16nov2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Nov 21 20:36:51 GMT 2020

On 11/21/20, Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 12:17 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> [snip]
>> this leaves SV as the "thing that needs critical focus" where that
>> "thing" has huge tentacles stretching in about 5 simultaneous
>> inter-related directions: predication, vectorisation, prefixing,
>> swizzles and 16 bit Compressed.  at least 5 more once we include
>> Video, Audio and 3D opcodes but those come later.
>
> This is *very* complex.

uh-huhn.  secondary outcome here is about a 70 page document to
present to the OpenPOWER Foundation ISA WG. when it exists.

that's just the formal writeup.

> I think we should discuss how to best organize
> and 'project manage' this on irc, then we can create some wiki pages
> and bug reports for project management/coordination

already happening, because that's simply what i do, automatically,
because otherwise there's no way in hell i can keep track

https://libre-soc.org/openpower/sv/