[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 16nov2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 19:10:17 GMT 2020

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:53 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On 11/21/20, Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > time wasted scrutinizing a table that is poorly formatted and thus messes
> > with the brain’s analytical and information intake hotpat
>
> this is all well and true yet is still yet more discussion (taking up
> yet more time) surrounding a rabbithole that has literally absorbed
> almost 3 weeks of Jacob's time when we only have 11 more months of
> NLnet funding left on the clock.
>
> that's something close to a staggerimg 10 percent of available funded
> time spent focussing on something *we do not need right now*!
>
> we have dozens of other tasks that need attention yet *nobody is
> asking what those are*!

I am with you. Below you are not answering when *I* have explicitly
asked. I know you don't want to be a dictator, but I need you to state
the information clearly.

> > Can you state here one more time as clearly as possible the exact task that
> > you think Jacob should be working on as his highest priority?
>
> that makes me into a dictator, ordering you about, without expecting
> you to think.  i will not do that.  this is not for me to make that
> decision for someone else.
>
> it is for *them* to ask.
>
> i am not the "boss" here: my role is deliberately limited to that of
> providing insights and outlining consequences, to teach each of you to
> think and analyse for yourselves, *not* in any way to "explicitly
> order you what to do without thought".

Not order, just provide clear explicit information for Jacob or myself
to be able to use to make our own judgments.

I'm trying to work with you here Luke, so I need you to communicate
about the subject itself instead of the dynamics, I am on the same
page as you with regard to those.

Cole