[libre-riscv-dev] Markdown on the wiki?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Jul 18 03:39:26 BST 2020

On Saturday, July 18, 2020, Samuel Falvo II <sam.falvo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can appreciate why people say that being "retired" is exhausting.  ;)

my aunt kicked my uncle out, told him to go back to work when he retired.
he was too annoying :)

> Yeah, and I'm getting a lot of ideas for my future KCP53000
> refinements as well.  In *theory*, it should be possible to use the
> exact same combinatorial building blocks in a single-issue design as
> it would in a pipelined, multi-issue design;

precisely.  increase the number of pipelines, increase the register ports
and data bandwidth and aside from deoendency tracking that's pretty much it.

> only the wiring between
> the blocks would need to be handled differently.

i originally designed a way to use the same blocks for FSMs as well as
pipelines.  it was difficult to maintain, unfortunately.