[libre-riscv-dev] Good news from the review committee!

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Apr 9 03:42:22 BST 2019

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 2:51 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> ok fantastic news, the grant's been approved.  our next step is to
> determine the list of tasks so that during an upcoming call mentioned
> below we can agree a plan with them.  the conversation will determine
> how much we receive, i assume that means it's dependent on the list of
> tasks/milestones.

 i've added a custom field and search (one for the bookmarks) to be
able to keep track:
 http://bugs.libre-riscv.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=53&namedcmd=NLnet%202019.02%20Milestone

 bugzilla is nice in that we can place time-estimates in each, and
that will give us a good way to keep track.

 i've also asked what the "granularity" is that they'd like.  bear in
mind, the funding is sent on completion of *milestones*, it's not
strictly "time-based", it's "task-based".

 i appreciate there's potentially a mis-match there, as "tasks" don't
quite mesh with "fixed monthly living expenses"... we'll see how that
works out.