[Libre-soc-dev] bigint-presentation reg alloc and cranelift's reg alloc

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:56:06 GMT 2023

I started a discussion about how I used a technique (using the reg
allocator to alloc stack slots) that some people in cranelift wanted to
use, and ended up talking about register allocators and their relation to
SVP64, since SVP64 requires allocating ranges of registers instead of just
individual registers like nearly every other ISA:
https://bytecodealliance.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/217117-cranelift/topic/register.20allocating.20the.20stack/near/319529633

I'm using my work on bigint-presentation-code also as a way to experiment
with how to do register allocation for SVP64.

I waited till today to post this to the mailing list so cranelift could set
their zulip instance to web-public so you don't need an account to just
read it.