[Libre-soc-dev] maybe get ryzen 7950x for faster compilation and avx512

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Oct 31 22:49:59 GMT 2022

On Monday, October 31, 2022, Timothy Pearson via Libre-soc-dev <
libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> For what it's worth I'm still questioning the project spending its
limited resources on proprietary / blob-infested hardware...

if it was internet-facing (and going to offer services)
or was the sole source of truth i'd put my foot down and say no.
neither of those things is the case this time.
the NGI POINTER grant paid for a POWER9 system (to be hosted
by vantosh): that *will* matter as it will be internet-facing.