[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 13oct2022

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:03:31 BST 2022

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 9:53 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> because afaict you said it in a different way that didn't prohibit the word security.

i explained to you *very clearly* that we cannot put any kind of security
objectives onto the MoU.

yet you insisted on adding - without my authorisation and without
explicitly notifying me that you were doing so - wording which
explicitly said that we INTENDED to make MODIFICATIONS
to the HDL for the EXPLICIT purposes of "improving security".

NLnet funds *MULTIPLE* projects to perform side-channel attacks.

they know exactly how hard it is to get this right, and so do i,
having worked in that field, i know precisely how insanely easy
it is to find multiple different security flaws and therefore know
what it costs to even BEGIN to take on developing of "secure"
hardware.

which is why i specifically told you MULTIPLE TIMES in
MULTIPLE WAYs, that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES was
"security" to be part of the objectives.

i also note that you've written to Michiel in a "hurt" tone, claiming
having been "accused".  not only does it waste Michiel's time, it
tells him that you haven't understood the seriousnless of the
situation that you've created by ignoring my directions when i
entrusted you with the task of writing the MoU.

if you were to reply at all it should have been with an IMMEDIATE
acceptance of responsibility and an apology, for taking up his time
and indicating clearly that you have understood the seriousness
of the mistake.

i now cannot entrust you with the task of writing MoUs again
until you have learned this lesson.