[Libre-soc-dev] Fwd: LibrePlanet CFS closing very soon. Submit today!

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 03:56:34 GMT 2022

ideas anyone?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Miriam Bastian <info at fsf.org>
Sent: November 22, 2022 3:34:45 AM GMT+00:00
To: luke.leighton at gmail.com
Subject: LibrePlanet CFS closing very soon. Submit today!

*Please consider adding <info at fsf.org> to your address book, which
 will ensure that our messages reach you and not your spam box.*

*Read and share online: <https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/libreplanet-cfs-closing-very-soon-submit-today>*

Dear Free Software Supporter,

Our Thanksgiving gift: four more days to submit your session for
LibrePlanet 2023! The call for sessions will now close on Monday,
November 28, 2022, at 10:00 EST (15:00 UTC). We thought one last
reminder, and one more weekend, just might be the last push you need
to bring pen to paper (or finger to keyboard!) and [submit][1] your
idea for a presentation, workshop, panel, or instructional video at
[LibrePlanet 2023][2]: Charting the Course. The event will be held on
March 18 and 19, 2022 and will be offered both in person and
online. Sessions may be conducted either in person or remotely.

Also, registration for the conference will open soon. If you aren't
already, now is a good time to [become an FSF member][3]. You would
not only help us reach our [fundraising goal][4] to keep the FSF
strong in our mission to protect user freedom, but would also receive
a this year's special gift and gratis entrance to LibrePlanet 2023 as
one of our [member benefits][5].

[1]: https://my.fsf.org/lp-call-for-sessions
[2]: https://libreplanet.org/2023
[3]: https://my.fsf.org/join?mtm_campaign=fall22&mtm_source=2-days-left
[4]: https://www.fsf.org/appeal
[5]: https://www.fsf.org/associate/benefits

If you would like to learn more about the theme and the kinds of
sessions we would like to see, please have a look at our previous call
for sessions [blog post][6]. As always, if you have questions about
your session, we'd be happy to answer them via email at
<campaigns at fsf.org>. You will have a chance to make changes to your
submission later if you feel it needs adjusting, but you *must submit
before the deadline* to guarantee its review. Remember, LibrePlanet is
for *all* types of stakeholders -- hobbyists, professionals,
developers, law professionals, and tinkerers -- so please do not
hesitate to submit from your unique perspective.

[6]: https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/libreplanet-2023-lets-chart-the-course-together-submit-your-session-by-november-2

### Free Software Awards nominations open until November 30

We are still soliciting [Free Software Award nominations][7], which
are presented annually at LibrePlanet. Show your favorite free
software community members that you see the value in their work by
nominating them for an award in one of our [three award
categories][8]. Don't assume that someone else will nominate the same
nominees you have in mind -- plus, the committee *does* take into
account the amount of times a project or person is nominated.

[7]: https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/free-software-awards-nominate-those-who-have-charted-a-course-to-freedom-by-november-30
[8]: https://www.fsf.org/awards

### Support LibrePlanet by becoming an exhibitor or sponsor

LibrePlanet is organized by the FSF, a 501(c)(3) charity. [Your
contribution][9] allows us to create a truly valuable event for many
people all over the globe, and allows us to livestream to an audience
world-wide.

We also offer unique opportunities for businesses and other
organizations to connect to a community that is dedicated to free
software. For more information, you can contact <campaigns at fsf.org>,
and download the [prospectus from the LibrePlanet event site][9]. For
information on how your company can be represented in our lively and
centrally located exhibit hall, or to further sponsor the LibrePlanet
conference, please send an email to <campaigns at fsf.org>.

[9]: https://libreplanet.org/2023/sponsors

I hope to see you at LibrePlanet 2023: Charting the Course!

In freedom,

Miriam Bastian
Program Manager

--
* Follow us on Mastodon at <https://hostux.social/@fsf>, GNU social at
  <https://status.fsf.org/fsf>, PeerTube at <https://framatube.org/accounts/fsf/video-channels>, and on Twitter at @fsf.

Sent from the Free Software Foundation,

51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110-1335
United States

You can unsubscribe from this mailing list by visiting