[Libre-soc-dev] arctic tern twin FPGA modules into talos2 server

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri May 20 18:55:20 BST 2022

we've an opportunity to get one of the first raptor engineering artctic tern dual module ECP5s into the TALOS2 server that raptor sponsors us with.  these are big 85K LUT4s, speed grade 7, they are connected back to back so we could do SMP multiprocessing e.g. implementing OpenCAPI, and they are PCIe based so could do a graphics card as well as do BMC boot.

anyone on the team can access them remotely and the talos server is powerful enough to do big FPGA builds (128 GB RAM).

jacob how much BTC do we have because we need to buy these modules plus the base board.  iirc it's going to come close to USD 2000.