[Libre-soc-dev] progress on Arty A7-100t using symbiflow to compile microwatt and libre-soc

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Mar 16 09:32:22 GMT 2022

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 6:26 AM Abhishek Sharma <abnavedev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Luke, I was looking into how to use symbiflow for the Digilent Arty
> A7-100 to simulate microwatt. Any relevant information to solve the
> mentioned problems or implemented solution?

remember to use "-nocarry" option to synth_xilinx, but remember, then, that
this will 'punish" you by creating much less efficient (slower) circuits. i
could only get 35 mhz which is not enough to initialise the DDR3 DRAM
because litex hard-codes sys_clk === dram_clk.

therefore you cannot use DDR3 memory [unless you do some work on litedram]

however SRAM, BRAM, are all fine, so you can run hello_world.bin etc.