[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 11mar2022

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Mar 13 10:38:31 GMT 2022

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 8:44 AM Boris Shingarov <shingarov at labware.com>
wrote:

> So at this point, from a sheer Justus von Liebig perspective, we can't
> claim that "microwatt works on OC"; only that "microwatt exhibits
> interesting DRAM irregularities on OC".  Has there been an update on
> this?  did I sleep through it?

so, a bit of background, here: the key developer of litex, Florent,
has acted in such deeply bad faith, that i want nothing to do with his
code.

he was given three separate chances to act in good faith:
he blew every single one of them (even when this was pointed
out to him), deliberately choosing as he did actions and decisions
that maximised the damage to Libre-SOC and to Litex.

we could end up in a situation where we're critically reliant on him
and he jeapordises our timelines (actually, he already has).

relying on - or supporting - people who act in such deeply bad fait
is not just unethical, it places everything we want to do at risk.

this is why i'm working on GRAM, the alternative DDR3 Controller
which is in nmigen.

fortunately the same DRAM IC seems to be picked for a lot of
FPGA boards (the same Micron x16 part)