[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 11mar2022

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 09:32:24 GMT 2022

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022, 01:17 Tobias Platen <libre-soc at platen-software.de>
wrote:

> On Sun, 2022-03-13 at 04:44 -0400, Boris Shingarov wrote:
>
> I have been using block this command, most likely using block rams.
>
> LITEDRAM_GHDL_ARG=-gUSE_LITEDRAM=false
> RAM_INIT_FILE=usb_3d_game/usb_3d_game.hex MEMORY_SIZE=$((1<<18))
>
> So getting LITEDRAM to work is the next step, I think Luke is working
> on that. Currently the game runs but it does not accept any input.
> http://platen-software.de/tobias/Games/MazeGame_OrangeCrab.png

hmm, try pressing 'd' (which should make you rotate right in the game,
making a more interesting part of the maze come into view), push 'd' about
once a second after pushing the orangecrab's button to reset it (or
unplugging and replugging it from usb)....the usb interface has some
buffering issues on the input, so it will crash (unhandled interrupt
maybe?) if you type more than a few characters per frame it renders. the
program works great if you compile `make usb_3d_game_emu` in the
usb_3d_game directory and run that on the linux host rather than on
microwatt.

I have not tested the external uart interface...i haven't yet gotten around
to finding my 5v usb serial adaptor and building a level-shifting circuit.