[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 07mar22

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Mar 7 20:12:48 GMT 2022

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 7:43 PM Andrey Miroshnikov
<andrey at technepisteme.xyz> wrote:

> After catching covid

niice. got yourself a shed-load of pharmaceutical-grade vitamin D?
(you also need magnesium: vit D doesn't "work" unless it's got
magnesium to hang on to)

> Before creating the N-pin block, I'll create a single pin GPIO/mux combo
> block with the JTAG chain included, as shown in this diagram:
> https://libre-soc.org/docs/pinmux/gpio_jtag_1bit.jpg

oh yeh i remember that.  yeah creating just a "single mux thing" should
be ridiculously easy, almost comically so.  i recommend using an Array.
suggest doing one MuxIn class and one MuxOut class.

remember the primary focus is to be able to give these mux class instances
signal "names" that then make it blindingly-obvious in the gtkwave and graphviz
diagrams what the hell is going on.

so a list (or dict) mapping 0 1 2 3 blahblah to pin-names is a crucial part of
the [two] Mux classes.

remember though that it's fine to have connections missing!  although we have
a convention in pinmux.py that you never miss out pin numbered 0, that is always
a GPIO, you *can* strictly speaking have 0 2 3 where 0=GPIOA0, 2=SCL 3=TX
something like that.