[Libre-soc-dev] [Libre-soc-misc] buying orange crab boards

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 06:54:16 GMT 2022

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 4:03 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I bought one with the fpga fund (Thanks to generous donors!), and it arrived today. I ended up spending a few hours trying to find the source for the firmware, which wasn't in the orangecrab's github organization; I finally found it:
> https://github.com/gregdavill/OrangeCrab-test-sw

excellent i put that on https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/microwatt/

if you use the gitlab version of nmigen-boards you can follow what
tobias did. remember to press the on-board button at power-up to
get it to go into DFU mode.  it's a one-liner

> I got the 85k lut variant, which also comes with 512MiB of ram (more than I was expecting).

yeah likewise.

there''s a few PMODs around, one important one is waveshare's 10/100 ETH PHY,
another would be Digilent's VGA. the orangecrab doesn't have a lot of
pins though. under 40.