[Libre-soc-dev] Installing libresoc on ubuntu platform

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Jun 29 10:45:56 BST 2022

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 10:38 AM maliha simeen via Libre-soc-dev
<libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> can anyone help me and say what are the steps to install libresoc on ubuntu platform

hi there, we've literally just had someone else walk through this process,
you can read the archives here:
https://lists.libre-soc.org/pipermail/libre-soc-dev/2022-June/004921.html

basically follow these instructions:
https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/devscripts/

warning/lesson/experience: everyone who does *not* follow those instructions
pretty much wastes their time and fails to get installed.  a week or
two later, eventualy,
after consulting with us, they wish that they had, in fact, followed the
instructions as initially advised :)

time usually taken when following the instructions: 1-3 days

time wasted when not following the instructions: 2-3 weeks

let us know how you get on, any questions feel free, best to join
the mailing list or join the IRC channel #libre-soc, see
"how can i help as a developer" under https://libre-soc.org/