[Libre-soc-dev] Libre-soc Environment Installation

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 05:48:35 BST 2022

santosh, there's not much we can do about network errors, you can however see in the chroot script that /etc/apt config entries are added to increase retries significantly and to compensate for broken proxies.  this of course only fixes apt, it doesn't fix git or the ever-interfering pip3

(my ISP runs an incredibly badly configured *transparent* proxy and actually damages HTTP traffic!)

it is very very important that you only run the scripts within a chroot.

the scripts add buster-backports and also remove systemd from the chroot.

if you attempt to do that *outside* of the chroot it is pretty much guaranteed to stop any GUI that depends on systemd from working.

(i usw fvwm2 for this reason, and i have run "startx" from a command prompt console login, for over 20 years. there *is* no graphical window manager on my machines)

within a chroot the scripts cannot cause any "damage" because the chroot is completely isolated.  that's their secondary purpose (next to being "reproducible build" scripts)