[Libre-soc-dev] mv.zip and mv.unzip (vector pack and unpack)

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:50:04 BST 2022

love the override meaning of Saturation signed/unsigned to give more constants.  put it in the page.

can't do 0 -max +max in the same instruction, annoyingly, unless using zeroing predication hmm i am getting brainmeltdown thinking of how that would work, urr there is both sz and dz.

nornal mode: https://libre-soc.org/openpower/sv/normal/

10	N	dz sz	sat mode: N=0/1 u/s

if dz is set then zeros would be inserted on swizzle-skipped elements, but the sat/u would remain... no, too complicated.

two mv instructions it'll have to be, one for zeros, the other for sat/u.

skipping is COMPLEX it basically means a static predicate mask built-in to the swizzle, but the implication is that the source subvec len is *different* from the dest, despite the number of elements actually copied being the same.

hence why i am getting irritated (with myself) having to think through the combinations.

l.