[Libre-soc-dev] mv.zip and mv.unzip (vector pack and unpack)

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:36:56 BST 2022

On Mon, Jun 13, 2022, 08:17 lkcl via Libre-soc-dev <
libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> https://libre-soc.org/openpower/sv/mv.swizzle/
> https://libre-soc.org/openpower/sv/mv.vec
>
> these two are driving me slightly nuts.  there are a hell of a lot of
> combinations to think through, and iteratively i have gone through a hell
> of a lot of things that just won't work.

one thing that occurred to me: we need fmv.swizzle and maybe
mvfixed[u].swizzle too (integers where 0.0 maps to 0 and 1.0 maps to the
max signed/unsigned integer -- used for fixed-point swizzle such as pixel
data -- we need signed ints for efficient bump map support for some
programs). the 0.0 and 1.0 constants should map to 0, 1 for mv.swizzle,
0.0, 1.0 for fmv.swizzle, 0, UINT_MAX for mvfixedu.swizzle, and 0, INT_MAX
for mvfixed.swizzle.

i like the idea of a SKIP option!