[Libre-soc-dev] svp64 review

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:12:20 BST 2022

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 2:39 AM Jacob Bachmeyer <jcb62281 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking at the "Power ISA[TM] Version 3.1B" publicly available from
> the OpenPOWER Foundation's Web site.  The Preface defines four
> "Compliancy Subsets" each of which builds on the lower levels.

the important bit which is not in the least bit clear or spelled out is that
it is permitted to add anything at all to any Compliancy Level.

thus is it perfectly fine to add a RADIX MMU to SFS or SFFS and
thus make a perfectly functional GNU/Linux distro which is exactly
what joel shenki did

     https://shenki.github.io/boot-linux-on-microwatt/