[Libre-soc-dev] moving non-SimpleV things out of the openpower/sv directory

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:18:20 BST 2022

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022, 00:59 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 3:57 AM Jacob Lifshay via Libre-soc-dev
> <libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
>
> > It occurred to me we should probably move a bunch of things that
> > aren't part of SimpleV to a different directory such as just
> > openpower/ rather than having everything in the openpower/sv directory
> > which is needlessly confusing.
>
> with so many links already on the internet and in the (new) pdf spec
> that's not as simple as it first appears. "just" move them, there's 2
> years of videos, search history, cross-references, mail archives and
> more.  no, 302 redirects aren't easy under ikiwiki

meta redir seems pretty easy to me...
https://ikiwiki.info/ikiwiki/directive/meta/

i can make a demo commit for that if you like...

in fact imho we should try it out on
https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=libreriscv.git;a=blob;f=openpower/sv/bitmanip/divmnu64.c;h=203b21b26954ff96c39e9cb4f5c3f70a8f3ec04d;hb=HEAD
that is effectively a redirect now anyway iirc