[Libre-soc-dev] [review] ISA pseudocode

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jan 18 07:11:31 GMT 2022

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=openpower-isa.git;a=commitdiff;h=4386dd8bb2d41db227263a947bface79d5acaf0c

jacob, we cannot just add arbitrary functions without discussion of
their implications.

every function that is added will require a full review and
justification for the
OpenPOWER ISA WG because its addition constitutes a *formal* request
for inclusion in the Power ISA Specification, in Section 1.3.4, Book I, Page 6.

once a discussion here has taken place, it will then need an actual RFC to
be written and formally submitted to the OpenPOWER ISA WG.

time and budget will need to be scheduled for that.

bottom line is, it cannot be taken lightly, and for that reason i added
pseudocode in one of the instructions that computed power-of-two
manually. i forget which one it was.  SVREMAP, i think.

please therefore can you remove that function and implement it
in the pseudocode, and raise a bugreport for further discussion.
set the category to "Specification" because it will send the cc
to libre-soc-isa at lists.libre-soc.org