[Libre-soc-dev] First Silicon and PR

whygee at f-cpu.org whygee at f-cpu.org
Sun Jan 16 17:29:21 GMT 2022

My latest article is now available publicly :
https://connect.ed-diamond.com/Hackable/hk-036/une-breve-histoire-des-asic-libres
but it is one year old and much has happened since.
In particular: Libre-SoC received the first silicon!

Now, I'm feeling wanting more, in particular I'd love to
see one of the dies, naked or on a carrier for example.
As a photographer I have invested in macrophotography
so I'd gladly have a try, but more pictures would
be very beneficial for the project overall.
As another example, Staf could make a selfie
with his chip mounted on the test board.

PR is important, and I understand that the project
is working hard to achieve the essential goals,
but public perception must not be ignored.
Many misconceptions still float around Libre-SoC
and having real pictures matters a lot.
I know well the stigma of being tagged as "vaporware" :-)

yg