[Libre-soc-dev] running microwatt-5.7 linux kernel on libresoc

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 16:31:54 GMT 2022

On January 7, 2022 4:03:44 PM UTC, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

>Yeah, I think that may be necessary.

and annoying because the extraction of bytes/hw/words is separated from actual bus read/writes via PortInterface.

i.e. it is one of the major areas we deviate from microwatt because of plans to add some serious multi-issue execution (for GPU workloads)

>from my reading through the linux source:
>apparently linux doesn't support misaligned exceptions on LE (maybe for
>some subset of conditions):
>https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/fe91c4725aeed35023ba4f7a1e1adfebb6878c23/arch/powerpc/kernel/align.c#L314

if MSR LE bit not set, then if processor does not have LE, return NIO.

MSR.LE is set so that should not be activated.