[Libre-soc-dev] Introducing myself

Andrey Miroshnikov andrey at technepisteme.xyz
Wed Dec 21 11:20:23 GMT 2022

On 21/12/2022 11:10, Sai Ritish G via Libre-soc-dev wrote:
> Hi everyone :D
>
> I'm Sai Ritish (I prefer being called Ritish)

Hi Ritish, nice to meet you :)

> I've been exploring a bit of LibreSoC. It is definitely something that
> piques my interest.
> I'm still doing my UG, and my domain is electronics, yet it seems hard to
> understand cause most things, I was never taught, also the reason it makes
> me more curious ٩(^ᴗ^)۶

There's plenty to look at and study, so take your time. Not getting
overwhelmed and taking it one step at a time is half the battle!

> I'm currently trying to go through the archives since there seem to be a
> few clues in them.
> Can't wait to actually be able to contribute to this ^^

The HDL workflow guide is here:
https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/

Have a look at learning nMigen for getting to know the Python-based HDL
we use: https://libre-soc.org/docs/learning_nmigen/

For setting up software, please give the dev-env-scripts a look (read
the script files you plan to use before running them). Using these
scripts will save much time (and pain).

We run the software inside a Debian 10/Buster chroot (the main system
can also be Arch Linux, though I stick with Debian). mk-deb-chroot,
cp-scripts-to-chroot are what you need to prepare a chroot.

Andrey