[Libre-soc-dev] Try to Build a SOC using Libre SOC

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Dec 20 11:41:26 GMT 2022

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 11:19 AM gayatri padhy via Libre-soc-dev
<libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> I am interested in working on Libre SOC.

fantastic.

> Please tell me how I can get the information

everything you need is accessible via the website, https://libre-soc.org

everything is public.

> and how to register in bugzilla.

i don't let people onto the Libre-SOC resources until they've reviewed
and agreed to the Charter.  please follow the "developer" instructions
on the website, "how can i help as a developer".

> For libre SOC which OS can i use as Ubuntu or Debian.

the "reproducible build" OS is debian 10.  it is set up automatically
by the devscripts.
https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/devscripts/

> I want to use Libre SOC for designing a Chip for the GF180 shuttle program.
> Is that possible?

as long as the available space allocation is big enough, yes.

> Please suggest to me how to build a chip layout using Libre SOC.

this is a lot of work, gayatri (as in: you are asking me to do a lot
of work explaining how to build a chip layout).  it took 18 months to
do the last ASIC.

it's best if you first follow the instructions for installing the development
environment and the full HDL, then proceed from there.