[Libre-soc-dev] Coriolis 2 - Tutorials and check

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:48:47 BST 2022

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 6:00 AM Santhosh Kumar V V .
<123040015 at sastra.ac.in> wrote:

> Good Afternoon sir, I found the GDS-II file and it works successfully, I can see the chip_r GDS-II layout.

hooraaay.  bear in mind, that is with "ghost" cells, and a fake layer
stack. you can't actually send it to a Foundry, they will not have that
stack, and the cells will be blank.

if you want to replicate the 180nm GDS-II files you need an NDA
in place with TSMC, first.

> As I was out of station for the last few days, I couldn't reply to your mail, thankyou sir.
>
> Sir, Now the environment is set up, Shall I try a custom design and make it as a chip ?

sure, why not! :)

there are a number of diferent directions you can go, here.  perhaps
the simplest is to build the adder example,
https://gitlab.lip6.fr/vlsi-eda/alliance-check-toolkit/-/tree/master/benchs/adder

or any of the others in the alliance_check_toolkit, and to confirm that the HDL
(verilog usually) is what you expect.

bear in mind you actually have to define the chip corona yourself
(in python - see doDesign.py) and so on, so it is best to start from
an existing (small!) design initially, to get a feel for how things work.

also please bear in mind that in the past year there has been migration
to python3.  if you use *anything* from coriolis2 in the past year you are
on your own, as i was working over 15 months ago on this, using python2.