[Libre-soc-dev] liskov substitution principle and type assertions/annotations

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 20:01:06 BST 2022

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm not removing them because I no longer think type annotations are
better, i'm removing them because it will make our project run better to
have code lkcl can more easily read.

Appreciated.  But note what I said about nmigen,I *really*
have no problem at all with type annotation in the smt2 code.

When we have 20+ HDL Engineers and I am not having to read
and understand every goddamn line of code in the entire
project because that will be someone else's job then they
will set the rules according to what is easiest for them.

If they want to double the amount of code they maintain
because it contains stupidities like turning python into
rust and c++ at least it won't be my problem.

Until then I have to keep literally 12 xterms open with
200+ editor sessions keeping track of code and unit tests
in order to compensate for memory problems and mild dyslexia,
and anything that interferes with my ability to track the code
as Project Manager and Lead Engineer has to take a back seat.

It is what it is.

L.