[Libre-soc-dev] Coriolis 2 - Tutorials and check

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Aug 10 16:42:05 BST 2022

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022, Jean-Paul Chaput via Libre-soc-dev <
libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   What's wrong here is that you have a Coriolis2 version build over
>   Python 2.7 (as the path clearly shows), but most likely, you try
>   to run the script with a Python 3 interpreter (hence the error
>   due to the change of syntax of the print function).

Hm, I always put "python2" or "python3" in scripts in order
to make sure that doesn't happen. if however you look
at this:

>>   File "/home/santhosh/alliance-check-toolkit/bin/yosys.py"

At the top it says "usr/bin/env python" not "usr/bin/env python2"

what *that* in turn leads us to check is where /usr/bin/python
points to, and I bet it is a symlink to python3.

Change it to python2 and all should be good.