[Libre-soc-dev] Coriolis2 Non-Chroot Script

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 22:46:25 BST 2021

On September 12, 2021 8:34:21 PM UTC, Andrey Miroshnikov <andrey at technepisteme.xyz> wrote:

>Needed to add "sudo" to the "make install" commands as they accessed
>directories beyond user's control.

yeah that'd do the trick

>However as the "mk-deb-chroot" changes sudoers file to allow
>passwordless sudo, the script doesn't need user to enter the password.

oh you spotted that one ehn? :)

>Their ownership is already set to the user (as the script is run by a
>normal user), but do you want to make sure that all files inside have
>the right ownership?

mmm... honestly it shouldn't matter too much.  yosys *should* be dropping the binaries in /usr/local, it's more of a courtesy to chown anything back to user that root *might* have accidentally built and wasn't supposed to.

>I've committed a new script called "coriolis_install" into
>"dev-env-setup",

fanntastic.

> however I won't modify "coriolis2-chroot" until I test
>
>again by setting up fresh chroot tomorrow using "mk-deb-chroot" (the
>one
>I currently have I probably mucked up after multiple runs).

niice.

>After running my script, cgt opens up, and I'm able to view
>"arm_chip_cts_r" floorplan (what's instructed on the coriolis2 wiki
>page).

hooray!

>Also, during installation of alliance, at the very end I get these
>errors:
>
>convert-im6.q16: attempt to perform an operation not allowed by the
>security policy `EPS' @ error/constitute.c/IsCoderAuthorized/408.

ehn? bizarre

not familiar at all.

can you raise a bugreport about it, i will ping jean-paul.