[Libre-soc-dev] Coriolis2 Non-Chroot Script

Andrey Miroshnikov andrey at technepisteme.xyz
Sun Sep 12 21:34:21 BST 2021

On 12/09/2021 18:54, lkcl wrote:
> now that is *precisely* what gets deleted (the runuser....) part.

> the script should not be being run *as* root in the first place.
>
> the *entire* script should *only* be being run *as* the user, and thus
> "runuser" is entirely redundant and should be deleted.
Ok, makes sense now.

> becomes JUST:
>
> cd /home/$SUDO_USER/yosys
> make install

Needed to add "sudo" to the "make install" commands as they accessed
directories beyond user's control.
However as the "mk-deb-chroot" changes sudoers file to allow
passwordless sudo, the script doesn't need user to enter the password.

> followed finally, at the end, exactly as is in nextpnr-ecp5-install:
>
> cd /home/$SUDO_USER/src/nextpnr
> chown -R $SUDO_USER .
> chgrp -R $SUDO_USER .
>
> or something equivalent which takes care of restoring user permissions.The script creates 4 folders in user's home, alliance,
alliance-check-toolkit, coriolis-2.x, and yosys.
Their ownership is already set to the user (as the script is run by a
normal user), but do you want to make sure that all files inside have
the right ownership?

I've committed a new script called "coriolis_install" into
"dev-env-setup", however I won't modify "coriolis2-chroot" until I test
again by setting up fresh chroot tomorrow using "mk-deb-chroot" (the one
I currently have I probably mucked up after multiple runs).
After running my script, cgt opens up, and I'm able to view
"arm_chip_cts_r" floorplan (what's instructed on the coriolis2 wiki page).

Also, during installation of alliance, at the very end I get these errors:

convert-im6.q16: attempt to perform an operation not allowed by the
security policy `EPS' @ error/constitute.c/IsCoderAuthorized/408.
make[3]: *** [Makefile:11: genview.eps] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/rohdo/alliance/src/documentation/overview'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1287: overview/overview.pdf] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/rohdo/alliance/build/documentation'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1012: install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rohdo/alliance/build/documentation'
make: *** [Makefile:573: install-recursive] Error 1

These just looks like errors for generating documentation, does it look
familiar at all?

Andrey