[Libre-soc-dev] Failed githun access

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Sep 11 11:52:03 BST 2021

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 7:25 AM <sukhanshu at object-automation.com> wrote:

> Greetings, I was checking my git hub access and I'm unable to access the
> git hub.

we don't use github.

> Can someone please give me access to the git hub repository.

this isn't github: git is not synonymous with the Corporation owned
by Microsoft, known as "github".

i have however added you (already), a couple of weeks ago, to the
gitolite3 access on git.libre-soc.org

> Below is my ssh key attached

it was stripped by the mail server (because it wasn't detected
as text/plain) but that's ok, i had added you already when you
sent it to me a couple of weeks ago.

can you please follow these instructions,
https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/#gitolite3_access

and email (to the list) theresults of the ssh command:

   Test that you have access with this command:

         ssh -v -p922 gitolite3 at git.libre-soc.org

* do not type anything other than that command
* do not type anything other than that exact command
* do not any other commands

if you *have* attempted any other commands please let me know
*precisely and exactly* what they were, so that we can "sync" and
see what effect those might have had.

for example: did you attempt to use your username? if so,
did you type a password when it failed?

(in other words, did you follow the instructions, and if not,
what *did* you do)?