[Libre-soc-dev] binutils, mp3 CODEC

Lauri Kasanen cand at gmx.com
Sun Oct 24 07:47:50 BST 2021

On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 19:49:31 +0000
lkcl <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anton, Lauri , hi,
>
> Lauri, last time we talked it was ridiculously hot, should have cooled down somewhat by now :) the festures you need to do the 2nd part of mp3 are all there, don't try to use the DCT REMAP schedule because it csn only do power-of-two at the moment and MP3 is a 9-wide DCT iirc.

Indeed, no heat wave anymore. I'm not able to work on mp3 currently
though, I have some health trouble, and existing jobs continue to take
what time and energy I have.

> element width overrides are on their way probably starting next month, at which point the "optimised" version of mp3 can start, but probably good to finish 2nd phase mp3 nonoptimised then pick another CODEC, what's your thoughts there?

Agreed, though with things as they currently are, I can't promise
anything.

> just so you are both aware: NLnet has asked that we complete all PET Grant work by April 2022.

Does this mean an extension from the current Dec deadline?

- Lauri