[Libre-soc-dev] Massive EU Grant (up to 26 million) deadline 21st Oct

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 15:43:51 BST 2021

On Sunday, October 17, 2021 08:25:00 AM whygee at f-cpu.org wrote:
> On 2021-10-17 13:25, lkcl wrote:
> > nooo chance.  jacob: we've established already that you suck at
> > estimating fully-planned project timescales :)
>
> Honestly, who doesn't ?

In the business I used to deal with (not software), we took estimates of time
and money and multiplied by 3. :-)

(The business was basically contracting for fairly large industrial projects
(e.g., $100M to $600M) and the multiplier was applied to the individual craft
estimates.  (We were the purchaser, not the contractor / engineering firm, and
used those estimates in "justifying" projects.)

It would be interesting to see suggestions of a similar multiplier for
computer software / hardware projects (and maybe chip design is a different
case).