[Libre-soc-dev] NGI POINTER gigabit ethernet router ASIC roadmap

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 15:54:55 GMT 2021

On November 3, 2021 3:40:38 PM UTC, Andrey Miroshnikov <andrey at technepisteme.xyz> wrote:

>> For LS180, was the pinmux generated manually?
>>

>> Andrey
>
>Probably got lost in your sea of emails Luke hahaha

ah i am sure i did reply. er. yes
http://lists.libre-soc.org/pipermail/libre-soc-dev/2021-November/004004.html

>Please let me know about the specifics of the task (or perhaps the
>differences between LS180 and the router chip in terms of the pinmux).

well although we used the pinmux it was for the benefits of autogenerating everything rather than actual IO muxing.

>I guess I could start by creating a new spec for the router chip pinmux

yes.

>in soclayout/pinmux/src/spec/
>Should I call it "gigabit_router.py"?

ahhh  that's a git submodule.  you _can_ set up git submodules to have commit access, it's not commonly done but does actually work, i have manually added to .git/config in submodule directories a master branch

but yes.

but, first, we should have a wiki page and on it have the list of expected peripherals.  and put the Datasheets on it.

then from that, once agreed, see if the pincount is sane or insane (even if 256 it is still just about sane), check the packages that Europractices supports, and go from there.

theeen it is more appropriate to start the python program.

oh btw pinmux needs converting to python3, sigh.  lib2to3 may help there.