[Libre-soc-dev] NGI POINTER gigabit ethernet router ASIC roadmap

Andrey Miroshnikov andrey at technepisteme.xyz
Mon Nov 1 13:27:30 GMT 2021

On 01/11/2021 11:11, lkcl wrote:

> Andrey: we need a pinmux and peripheral autogenerator.  it is planned 2+ years ago and the frontend is already done, it generates CSV/JSON files. litex is NOT going to be used, Florent has had 3 strikes (3 opportunities).  instead we use nmigen-soc and CSR auto-allocation, all dynamically allocated.  integration with fuse-soc and nmigen is apparently underway: this *may* prove useful but we have to see how it goes.

Started looking at the wiki page
https://libre-soc.org/shakti/m_class/pinmux/

The page points to bug #8, and pinouts wiki page.

The page mentions CMOS push-push on several occasions. The usual term
related to IO is *push-pull* (using p/n channel, or pnp/npn transistor
topology). Is the use of push-push a mistake, or intentional?

The only mention of this term I've seen after a quick search is for RF
oscillator for Terahetz system
(https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/cas/dallas/documents/presentation_may25_08_seok.pdf).
Probably not what was meant hahah

As for the task, should I be looking at the following directory:
/soclayout/pinmux/

and then testing out the examples, see what functionality is missing?

For LS180, was the pinmux generated manually?

Andrey