[Libre-soc-dev] remap status?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri May 28 15:19:14 BST 2021

sorry lauri replying with gmail basic HTML on a phone, it's totally broken.

offset multiplication 64(r2) is actually one of the LD/ST Modes,

for i in range(VL)
    EA = GPR(RA) + i*offs

which should give exactly the effect you're looking for.  REMAP is for
munging "i" in that loop rather than munging offs:

     EA = .. remap(i) * offs

to be able to do strange things like

0
128
256
384
64
192
320
584

which would be Ydim=4, Xdim=2 with priority to incrementing Ydim first
and Xdim 2nd.

neither LDST offs-mul mode nor gather mode have been implemented yet,
they were planned to be done some time after elwidth.

however, clearly, you need them, so it's not a problem to prioritise them.

btw it just occurred to me, a really interesting idea, the mini kvm
program, we could actually capture illegal instruction traps and
emulate svp64 in c.  hmmm.