[Libre-soc-dev] Attempt to run baselines: error

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 25 16:11:47 BST 2021

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 3:05 PM Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 2021 14:01:54 +0100
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
> > i can provide you a login on the raptor-sponsored Talos-II workstation if
> > that helps?
> > let me know a username, i already have an ssh key.
>
> No thanks, ssh brings slowdown of its own.

no problem

ok so next step is to track down why there's a discrepancy in the output.
first step, to confirm that results are the same on x86 and "N. E. Other"
POWER9 hardware.  second step, if that produces the same results, is to...
deep breath... use qemu to do single-step output and compare.

apparently there's a way to get qemu to do that
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58088137/record-dynamic-instruction-trace-or-histogram-in-qemu

however it will need preparing qemu to run in the same kind of "raw binary"
mode.