[Libre-soc-dev] Attempt to run baselines: error

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 24 10:05:48 BST 2021

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 9:37 AM Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi Luke,
>
> I committed the mp3 C baselines, and tried to run them with just
> "pypowersim -i my.bin", just to see how long it would run. The tool
> doesn't seem yet complete enough, but I thought I'd try this.
>
> Both error out:
> KeyError: 'nop'

yep, nop is a pseudo-op, not an actual op.  ori 0,0,0 should be used
(something like that).  if you prefer using "nop" it should be
macro-replaced
prior to passing in: somewhere in gnu-as there will be an option to
do that.

pseudo-ops are not something that is sensible to add to this style
of "low-level" simulator.  a workaround is to do an extra command
that processes/substitutes them. i think alexandre already did
something similar.

> KeyError: 'NONE'

this just says you used an opcode which is not in the supported
list, which is here:

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=openpower-isa.git;a=blob;f=src/openpower/decoder/power_enums.py;hb=HEAD#l210

i'm hunting around to see if there's a way to do native-pseudo-op
processing with gnu-as