[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 17may2021

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 17 14:01:02 BST 2021

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 1:36 PM Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2021 12:50:45 +0100
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
> > 4) use the git clone https://github.com/berkerpeksag/astor
>
> Replaced the release by the git version. "make pywriter" gets further,

excellent

> File "openpower-isa/src/openpower/decoder/isa/caller.py", line 83, in <lambda>
>   retval.sort(key=lambda reg: REG_SORT_ORDER[reg])
> KeyError: 'RC'

ah.  that's because i haven't re-run it in a while, and i added RC to a list
of register names in one of the pseudo-code files.  should be fixed with this:
https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=openpower-isa.git;a=commitdiff;h=d6dfbc112e9fb2de20dd719f51e3b65c1d275f48

nope it isn't.  what's going on... AH, Alain added a couple of extra pseudo-code
functions, "lmw" and "stmw", i'll need to review them.

> Side question, what's it even doing? Is it relevant to running the simulator?

yes.  it's compiling the pseudocode from here:
https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=openpower-isa.git;a=tree;f=openpower/isa;hb=HEAD

into actual executable python code.  yes, really, pywriter is a compiler.
you can see its output in src/openpower/decoder/isa/

it's now been joined by a corresponding "pyfnwriter" so you'll also need to run
"make pyfnwriter" as well.

give me a mo to re-run the compile and run some tests.