[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 14may2021

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri May 14 14:29:12 BST 2021

On Friday, May 14, 2021, Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> - prepared a cross toolchain to ppc64le
> - refreshed my ffmpeg checkouts
> - extracted C baselines for mp3 hotspots
> - saved a set of test data for each, verified in C/x86
> - split the mp3 bug to sub-bugs
> - sent SSH key to Luke

excellent.

> I'd need a repo for the AV stuff, some help or pointers to docs on how
> the simulator and asm converter run.

i will make one.

> Ideally I wouldn't have to write
> python to run either, I don't really speak that.

i had an idea to make some command-line tools, they'll be *in* python
however they can be called from Makefiles.

> The mp3 spots are
> float, so no elwidth or saturation needed yet.

that's a relief.

ahh drat, we don't have FP yet in the simulator, it'll take about... 4-6
weeks to add, starting by extracting the pseudocode for FP operations from
the Power ISA v3.0B spec.

https://github.com/lieff/minimp3/blob/master/minimp3.h

wooow :)

is there something even simpler? we need to start *really* small, around 20
to 50 lines of assembler.

is that practical? if not, what is holding things up, so that they can be
done.