[Libre-soc-dev] video assembler

Lauri Kasanen cand at gmx.com
Tue May 11 06:51:13 BST 2021

On Mon, 10 May 2021 21:33:12 +0100
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> counting the number of instructions executed is going to be the closest
> measure to Jeff Bush's metric that we can get, for about another 6 months.

Does it at least count the sub-steps separately? So they can be divided
by say 8, for an 8-parallel cpu. After all that's the point of simple-v,
N of these happen at the same time in parallel. Without that there'd be
no point at all to write anything at this point.

Another issue that came up is getting the C baseline extracted if it
happens to call any helpers in libgcc. That needs either linking, or
manually appending the asm of those functions, and everything they
call...

- Lauri